If you are eager for a unique holiday experience that will refresh you without burning a hole in your pocket, set off on best island vacations to the tropical islands where the sun, sea and fun is perfect all-year round. There are innumerable islands where you can bask in the sunlight, swim in the warm water and enjoy the pristine beauty of the beach, local festivals, indigenous cuisine and the hospitality of friendly people. While most people prefer peace and solitude on a vacation, there are also many people who look forward to night-life activities.
Here is a look at some island destinations that offer both:
- Phuket, Thailand
- For party-lovers, Patong in Phuket with lots of clubs, bars and discotheques is the perfect place for best island vacations. If you are traveling with your family, the kids will love the Phuket Fantasea located on the Kamala Beach. This place features various cultural and festival activities. You can also play games, savor delicious Thai food, experience Thai theater and go shopping here. Karon Beach is another great location with excellent restaurants that serve great food and good cocktails. For a classy and quiet ambience, Bangtao Bay would be a good choice.
- Ibiza, Spain
- For long, Ibiza has been considered as a great place for best island vacations thanks to its clubs, bars and fun-loving natives. Check into any of the popular clubs here and you are sure to enjoy every minute of it. Remember that the real excitement in these Spanish night clubs does not begin until the clock strikes 12.
- Nassau, Bahamas
- Nassau can rightly be called the best nightlife destination in the Caribbean. No wonder, this is a very popular choice for party-goers. Nassau has plenty of fascinating casinos, clubs and discotheques that offer a real picture of the fun-loving nature of the Bahamians.
Things To Remember
The best island vacations offer lots of fun, thrill, and excitement. However, here are 6 things you must keep in mind to make the most of your time on the island:
1. Decide where you will go, who you will take along, how long your vacation will be, what activities you are interested in, what things you have to carry along and most importantly, how much you will spend on the vacation.
2. Bring along all necessary documents. Always note down emergency phone numbers and the phone number of your hotel. Maintain a checklist of the things you are carrying and scan through this list before checking out from the hotel.
3. Maintain a first aid kit with ointments, bandages, aspirin and other medicines that you use.
4. The hot tropical weather favors the growth of microorganisms. To avoid the risk of developing skin infections, take along toiletries such as soaps, shampoos, toothpaste and deodorants and maintain good hygiene.
5. Wear light, thin and comfortable cotton garments. Sleeveless shirts, trunks or bikinis along with beach sandals are perfect.
6. Since tropics are located near the equator, you can get bad sunburn very fast. To avoid this, always apply sunscreen before heading off to the beach. Also wear sunglasses that provide protection from UV rays.
Remember these simple tips to enjoy your best island vacations.